Pages

Friday 6 March 2015

Walking Like a Penguin

Since I came home from Portugal in January that I haven't seen the grass in my backyard. There were some weeks that it wouldn't stop snowing all day. The first couple of days I found it beautiful and I loved to be outside. Right now, my opinion has changed. It certainly makes wonderful pictures but I can now understand why most of the natives don’t like it. The downside of living in a house is that I have to clean the snow everyday, several times a day. Anyway I loved these few months of winter, but it is now time for spring to come back.







The title of this post describes the way I feel like when I walk outside nowadays. I look like a penguin trying not to slip on the icy roads. I guess this is one of the reasons why people are fed up of winter by now. It’s annoying and embarrassing to fall down almost everyday in any public place for no apparent reason other that you can’t walk.


Christmas in Portugal
After 5 long months, I finally traveled back to Portugal to spend the Christmas holiday with my friends and family. It was nice to get some sunlight and using t-shirts again.
Being with my family after such a long time was nice and that makes Christmas even more special. 



Trainings
With the beginning of the season very close I feel motivated and I've been using most of my free time to do some extra sessions. However, this weather doesn't make it easy. It's very slippery outside and the cold isn’t pleasant either. In the last couple of months I've been spent a lot of time in the gym, spinning and running on the treadmill. Quite boring training but it looks like the best solution to survive a Swedish winter as a triathlete.

I will soon be competing in Portugal and I am looking forward for some sunny and warm weather. 



No comments: